No subject

Fri Apr 16 10:15:54 EDT 2010

*

--0022152d6f592833970493473629

Agree that there has to be a circulator with permission to register patrons=
, in general the ability to do more than just check books in and out.=A0 I&=
#39;ve worked at a small public library where the person at the desk did it=
 all, incl. reference and readers' advisory - that person needed to be =
able to register new patrons.=A0 At Mohawk, we upload most of our student r=
ecords into EG from the college registration software but some of our progr=
ams do not have regular start up schedules and students may be on our doors=
tep a day or 2 before a scheduled upload - in that case our circulators nee=
d to be able to register a student in EG.=A0=A0 In our case, it is the waiv=
ing of fines & overriding of holds situations that we want to be able t=
o move up the food chain to a circ supervisor.=A0 Two circulator permission=
 profiles work for us but in other libraries it might be 3 or 4 or more set=
tings that would be needed....=A0  In other words, many different libraries=
=3Dmany different workflows. <br>
11:48 PM, Jason Etheridge <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jason at esi=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margi=
n: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
aries that have<br>
&gt; volunteer or work-study circ staff, or where patron membership require=
s<br>
&gt; formal criteria be met (like local residence or group affiliation), or=
 where<br>
&gt; account initialization has non-negligible costs (e.g., expensive ID ca=
rds).<br>
permission needed for registering patrons.<br>
We should probably give the stock Local Admin group the ability to<br>
register any type of user.<br>
--<br>
Jason Etheridge<br>
=A0| VP, Tactical Development<br>
=A0| Equinox Software, Inc. / Your Library&#39;s Guide to Open Source<br>
=A0| phone:=A0 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)<br>
=A0| email:=A0 <a href=3D"mailto:jason at esilibrary.com">jason at esilibrary.com=
</a><br>
=A0| web:=A0 <a href=3D"http://www.esilibrary.com" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/www.esilibrary.com</a><br>
Happy 4th birthday, Evergreen!<br>
 can have information or <br>you can have a life,=20
but you can=92t have both.=94<br>From Player One by Douglas Copeland<br></b=

--0022152d6f592833970493473629--