[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Spine Labels

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Aug 13 21:56:19 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 14:42 -0700, Elaine Grevenitis wrote:
> Is there any way to make the call number wrap after the decimal -- it
> presently puts the decimal on the 2nd line. Also the call number seems
> to wrap only 3 times -- could it wrap 4 times
>
> for instance  XXX.XXXXXXXX  COL    XXX
>
> .XXXXXXXXX  (the period is on the 2nd line)
>                                                                COL
>
> what we would like is
>                                     XXX.(period here)
>                                     XXXX
>                                     XXXX
>                                     COL
>
> Any suggestions????
> Can sitka create a profile with our preferences????

Hi Elaine:

This is possible, but there's (currently, at least) no simple toggle for
it; you (or someone) will need to modify the line-wrapping algorithm in
spine_labels.js starting at
(http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/branches/rel_1_6_1/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/server/cat/spine_labels.js#L93) on your server, and it will change how wrapping works for everyone in your consortium.

Dan