[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Library Catalog

Colm Estridge colm_estridge at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 15:59:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

My employer has acquired a small library (approx. 20,000 titles) and would like
to create an in-house catalog for them.  There was no card system with the
books, and they all pre-date barcodes.  I have attempted to use WorldCat, to
catalog these books, but have found no way to create call numbers/labels/bar
codes so that we can search and label them.

So, is this community aware of a system where I can import the data pertinent to
each title (thus not having to reinvent the wheel and research the subject
matter of each) and create a call system,  wherein I can print my own bar codes
for our scanner?

Thank you for your help.
Best Regards