[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: generic training serverwith predictable data

Brian Feifarek bfeifarek at q.com
Tue Aug 17 18:27:57 EDT 2010

The information for a couple demo sites is at
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=community_servers#community_demo_servers

And the current Equinox one is http://demo.evergreencatalog.com/ on version 1.6.0.3 with username admin and password demo123

Brian

From: lori.ayre at galecia.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:28:04 -0700
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] generic training serverwith predictable data

Hi All,
I wanted to tell you why I dropped this thread...turns out Equinox keeps a training server available 24/7 that is refreshed daily.  So we do have a way to get at a data set that will be the same today and tomorrow if you want to use it for your trainings.

That said....I don't know where it is.  Anyone else have the URL?
Lori

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:50 PM, George Tuttle <gtuttle at prlib.org> wrote:

Dan,

Sample data sets?  In the words of
Gary Coleman, “What you talking about Willis?"

George the Librarian

Piedmont Regional Library System

Winder, GA

…Rather
than having this data sitting just on a training server RSCEL, I

think it would be much more useful to have the sample data sets

available as part of the Evergreen source. This would enable every

Evergreen install to (optionally) have a reference set of data to work

with locally. We could build documentation / training based on those

sample sets of data, but also build tests on those sample sets of data

to ensure that the SQL schema hasn't been broken & the data can actually

load, a given server is working as expected, and that a given report

returns the expected results, and that a given API call generates the

expected effects.

This could also be a useful basis on which to build tests of the

migration scripts.

I do think that having an up-to-date training server always at the ready

would be a valuable thing and support that goal; I just think that it's

potentially more important to have a canonical set of sample data

available as part of the Evergreen source.