[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Printing to a USB receipt printer

JohnRoy McVicker jmcvicke at grpl.org
Tue Aug 24 11:18:02 EDT 2010

I am running into some problems printing receipts with our new
printers.  We just purchase a batch of Epson TM-T88V receipt printers.
This particular model is the USB version.

If I use the the Mozilla Print strategy the receipt prints out a bunch
of gibberish and it will respect the auto cut feature.

If I use the LPT1 print strategy it will successfully print the receipt
but no auto cut.  I also found to use the LPT1 print strategy I had to
first create a local share and map the LPT1: port using the NET USE
command.  e.g.   NET USE LPT1:  \\DELLTEST\EPSON2 /PERSISTENT:YES

Am I going about this the wrong way?  Any tips of how to setup a USB
receipt printer and use the Mozilla Print strategy?

-JR