[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hardware configuration

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Mon Aug 30 09:31:15 EDT 2010

We used Alpha-G Consulting for our migration, and I am very glad that we
did.  They helped us evaluate Evergreen and determine which version best
fit our needs, set up a test server with our data so that our staff
could get a real feel for the system, and took the time necessary to
talk to our city's IT department to work out remote access issues.  That
last thing might seem inconsequential, but our city generally will not
allow vendors through the firewall.

We have been Alpha-G customers for nearly 10 years now, going back to
some third-party customizations we wanted for Horizon.   We have no
in-house IT staff; I am our system admin and just very
computer-friendly, not truly at IT type.  Alpha-G knows how to explain
stuff in plain English when needed, and that has been invaluable.

The person to contact at Alpha-G is John Craig.  His email is
john at alphagconsulting.com, or you can call him at 801-805-4963.  They
are located in Utah.

Deanna Frazee

Killeen City Library System