[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Discovery Layers at Academic Libraries

Kate Sheehan - Bibliomation ksheehan at biblio.org
Mon Dec 6 16:01:10 EST 2010

Hi all,
I have a friend at an academic library who asked me about academics using Evergreen with a discovery layer. I know there are a few instances of Endeca and a pending VuFind project out there. She's trying to plant some open source seeds at her library, so feedback from other libraries would be helpful to her.

If anyone has any thoughts on Evergreen and discovery layers (especially at an academic library) that they'd be willing to share with me that I can pass along to my friend, I'd greatly appreciate it. I think she's just looking for a general "how's it going" sketch she can share with her administration. Is it meeting your needs, making your students and faculty happy - that sort of thing.

Thanks so much,
Kate

---
Kate Sheehan