[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] a few questions

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Dec 6 16:13:11 EST 2010

Joy,

Sorry you are having so many problems. I can't help with the network issues, but have a few questions concerning some of you other issues. They are likely obvious ones that you have already tried, but I just want to make sure, so apologies ahead of time.

DVD check out. At least for PINES, Evergreen 3 circ modifiers for DVDs:

dvd 7 days, one renewal

dvd-mid 7 days, 2 renewals

dvd-long 14 days, 2 renewals

Are all of the circ modifiers set to dvd?

If you don't use circ modifiers, are all DVDs on correctly coded MARC records? If you don't use circ modifiers and the records are coded for some other format, the circ rules applied to the item will be for that format.

We don't batchload records, so I can't help with the import queue.

For those freshly cataloged items that are not showing up on in the catalog. Do you mean they are visible in the staff client, but not the cataloged? What is the item status? There are some that are automatically shadowed. If the status is correct, what about the shelving/copy location, is it set to be visible in the OPAC? And finally, what about the item attributes?

Again, these are probably all things you and your support company have all tackled. I just am ruling out the first things that I always look at when one of our libraries has similar problems.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128