[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Receipt printer specifications

George Tuttle gtuttle at prlib.org
Mon Dec 13 10:14:42 EST 2010

I understand in theory that, "Evergreen can use any printer configured for
your terminal to print receipts," but I recently tried an Epson TM-T88IV
with a serial cable and though the printer tested fine in Windows, in
Evergreen 1.4.0.7, it would advance a couple of lines, pause 4 seconds, and
then print. Also it would not allow me to save printer settings changes in
Evergreen. Is there something I should know about Evergreen and serial
cables?

George Tuttle

Computer Services Librarian

Piedmont Regional Library System