[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing records into Evergreen

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Tue Dec 21 17:51:10 EST 2010

We are trying to move from Booksys' Atriuum into Evergreen 1.6.0.8. In
our current setup, the records for an item which is on order may be a
very brief author/title entry or a full marc record. We plan to try the
Evergreen acquisitions program provided that we can figure out how.
Can we batch export our records for on order items (using export marc)
and load them through the acquisitions function? Does anyone have
suggestions/advice to offer?

Also, what does Evergreen mean in the vendor section when it asks for a
provider tag?

We really are trying to figure all of this out through the documentation
and we promise to use anything we learn to add to the documentation
project.