[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC Visible Question

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Fri Feb 5 11:22:44 EST 2010

Hi-

We're going over the Evergreen cataloging client today and we have a
question for the group.

In holdings maintenance, there is a field called OPAC VISIBLE and if it is
turned off, then the holding disappears both from the staff client and the
public access catalog.  We were hoping it would only disappear in the public
access catalog so that staff could still see it.

What would be the purpose of this OPAC VISIBLE setting?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

Amy

=======================

Amy Terlaga

Assistant Director, User Services