[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cataloging questions

Melissa Lowenberg mlowenberg at tnrdlib.bc.ca
Thu Feb 25 15:34:44 EST 2010

Hello list members,
Is there a way to "clone" a record in Evergreen?  That is, if you have
the 2010 edition of a travel guide, can you simply modify the 2009
record, and save it as a new record by changing the appropriate
information and giving it a new control number?

Also, when you are doing a batch upload of records is there any way to
"force" a record to load even if it matches one already in the
database?  Since I use a different MARC editor than the one in
Evergreen, I would find it easier to improve records by loading a better
version of the record, then merging the two.  Is this possible?  I have
tried not checking the "Auto-Import Non-Colliding Records" box, then
selecting the records I want to load and "Importing Selected" - this
didn't seem to replace or duplicate the record in question.

Any assistance would be much appreciated,
Melissa

--
Melissa Lowenberg, Supervisor of Support Services

TNRD Library System
#300-465 Victoria Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2A9
Tel. 250-374-8866 Fax 250-374-8355