[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Training Suggestions

Caroline Derksen CDerksen at cariboord.bc.ca
Thu Feb 25 15:43:57 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm the newly appointed area librarian at the Williams Lake Branch. Our library, as well as our network, the Cariboo Library Network (CLN), are scheduled to go live with Evergreen in May of this year.

The CLN is an integrated public library system that currently provides library services to residents of the regional district through 3 Area Branches (serving Williams Lake, Quesnel and One hundred Mile House) and 13 Community Branches (very small locations open around 10 hours a week in rural areas).

In anticipation of training, I'd just like to hear if anyone has advice or comments on how the process has gone. Or more importantly, anything you wish you had done?

Did you know . . .

    *

      that the Cariboo Regional District Library has 230,000 items, most of which can be borrowed?
    *

      we have over 3000 DVDs?
    *

      we have over 2000 music CDs?
    *

      last year, our patrons borrowed over 420,000 items?
    * annual inter-library loan traffic (the amount of books we lend to other libraries) has doubled since 2001?

    *

      we add roughly 15000 items to our collection each year?

I'd just like to ask about o