[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Another try importing holdings using MARC importer/exporter (Vandelay)

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 18 16:53:18 EST 2010

Hi Francene, hi Bill

Any fresh ideas ? Would the Vandelay bug repairs in the forthcoming
1.6.0.1 cover this (I couldn't find out) ?

After first using our own data (bib record *with* 852 and the 852
matching Vandelay expectation) I have tried to do the same as you did
Francene:
- exporting a record with Vandelay
- changing just enough that Evergreen sees it as a different one
- importing with Vandelay / MARC Batch Importer in the staff client -
assuming that Vandelay *at least* reads back in what it just exported
when you change enough to avoid" collision detection" with the one
that is already in the database

Not so:  the 852 is not interpreted as holding information and goes
straight into the database as part of the rest of the bib record and
shows up along with it in MARC view.  This answers your question too
Bill: bib imported OK but copy information (852) is not recognised as
such.

I have given up (even for quick evaluation purposes) and started
working with an excellent command line script by David Christensen,
published on this list October 24th 2008. See here: http://
markmail.org/message/ibb5zrkwikaydwf3

Repke
IISH

Op 30-nov-2009, om 19:10 heeft Bill Erickson het volgende geschreven: