[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] booking module--what are folks doing now?

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:01:09 EST 2010

Hi Folks - we're in the testing phase for the EG booking module right now,
I'm not sure when it'll go into general release but soon, soon, soon I would
think.  I pass my thanks onto the folks at Equinox for squeezing us into
their busy development schedule.
What are we doing now?  Well, we are using the Sirsi booking "thing".  We
had to give our consortium one year's notice that we were leaving, so we
went live with EG in that last year so that we could run both systems &
continue to use Sirsi for booking until EG's was developed.  We too are
looking forward to a more integrated process, not to mention running one,
instead of 2 systems!!   The nice thing about the way things have developed
is that this won't strictly be for bibliographic materials, you will be able
to use EG's booking module to book rooms and equipment as well.
We look forward to input from the rest of the community, we couldn't afford
the time/money right now to develop a patron interface (we only have access
to Sirsi until March) and that wasn't mission critical for us, but I think
that'll be the next step and we hope to find some partners to work on that
piece.  Maybe there can be some booking module hackfest projects at the EG
conference this spring :)
We'll keep everyone posted.
Cheers, Cynthia
Mohawk College