[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] booking module--what are folks doing now?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Jan 18 22:38:46 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 16:27 -0800, Tara Robertson wrote:
> I know there are some other academic libraries currently using
> Evergreen (UPEI and the Conifer libraries). I imagine school libraries
> would also do need bookings. Do you do bookings? How do you manage
> right now?

Hi Tara:

At Laurentian, we're currently using the same rough-and-tumble booking
system that we used when we were on Unicorn (even though we had
purchased the booking module for Unicorn, staff found it unusable and it
went unused).

That is to say, we just use the calendaring system built into GroupWise
to book appointments when someone wants to reserve a group study room
(which are one of the only bookable resources we have).

We're certainly looking forward to giving the new booking module a spin,
though; it would be great to be able to have everything centralized in
one interface. Many, many thanks to Mohawk College for sponsoring this
development!

Dan