[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Authority Records

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:31:26 EST 2010

Hi All - please feel free to point me to a link or past discussion if folks
have already talked about this and I'm just not finding the discussion.
I'm wondering what distribution services people are using to get their
authority records?  We migrated without asking for ours and this is a
decision I've come to regret (happy to explain that if anyone is interested
but won't go into it now).
We use YBP for most of our cataloguing but they don't supply authority
records.  You can get 'em for free from LC, but only 1 at a time - our
collection is small but not that small :)
I know about OCLC's Connexion service, I think this is overkill for our
needs, but seems to be their only solution.  I've also found Backstage
Library Works and Library Technologies Inc.  Do people have other
suggestions or recommendations?  Am I missing something totally obvious??
What are you all doing about authority records??
I'm happy to take emails off list on this one and send a summary back out.

Cheers, Cynthia