[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Spine Label Printers?

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:55:31 EST 2010

I'm just curious, what couldn't they get working? I used the Twin
Turbo at a previous job (as a library clerk).  Even though that
library wasn't an Evergreen library, I would've expected the TwinTurbo
to be just fine...

I remember I did set up 2 printers in Windows for the same physical
device - each one defaulting to a different side of the printer.  We
then set our ILS (not Evergreen) to use the printer for the side of
the printer we had the label stock... In our case, I believe we used
7/8" x 1+5/8" labels from a third-party (IE: non-Dymo)
manufacturer/supplier... So, even though our ILS did not save the
printer settings (which side of the printer we wanted to use), we set
up the print driver so it would be "hard-coded" in...

One thing I was considering doing there as well was set up half of the
Dymo to print receipts - the one station we used for cataloging was
occasionally used as a second circ station when we were busy... not
frequently enough to justify a $300 receipt printer, though.  We never
did do this, and I forget why - possibly because of restricted paper
width or sticking different sizes/types of receipt paper rolls...  But
I digress...

I'm glad to hear there's been success with the Dymo LabelWriter!

--Don