[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Password Reset feature

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Jul 7 18:15:01 EDT 2010

On 7 July 2010 21:39, Soulliere, Robert
<robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am testing the new password reset feature in 1.6.1.1. When I click the
> "Forgot your password?" I sometimes get the "The system could not process
> your request for a password reset. Please try again, or contact circulation
> staff for assistance. " and sometimes I get nothing. I am wondering if there
> is a switch to turn this on somewhere?

Any errors in any of the logs when you try this?

> Dan, I did find your presentation at:
> http://www.coffeecode.net/uploads/talks/2010/PasswordResetLightningTalk.odp.

Yeah, that's not going to help much I'm afraid.

> I have also ensured that the user name, barcode and email address is active
> and entered correctly.  I am using my information.

Okay. Shouldn't result in that behaviour anyway.

> if it could be a missing piece or have a mis-configuration,

Quite possibly. Was this a fresh install using the Makefile.install to
get the required prerequisites?

If it was an upgrade, did you install UUID::Tiny (which would be in
the upgrade instructions, if we had written them yet, which we
haven't, which is one of the reasons we haven't officially announced
the 1.6.1.1 release, along with some regressions in the included
schema) and update the Apache configuration with the new pieces of the
password reset interface?

 which log file
> is best for tracking this down or where could I start looking?

I would start with the apache log; the piece that is supposed to be
displayed when you click "Forgot my password" comes from the
OpenILS::WWW::PasswordReset.pm module

If you manage to get all of this working, you'll also need to have the
action/trigger stuff set up and running to actually deliver the email.