[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Newbie questions

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Jul 12 03:28:11 EDT 2010

On 10 July 2010 23:26, Joe Atzberger <jatzberger at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> Mysql isn't going to be applicable here.  Evergreen relies on many
> postgres-specific mechanisms.
> Install documentation is here:
>
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=generic_installation_information

Yeesh. I wouldn't point anyone looking for install instructions at
that page. I'm not sure any of the content behind that page has been
updated since 2008; it's mostly of historical interest. But due to the
how out of date most of the information is (PostgreSQL 8.0.3?), we
should probably just delete most of the pages to which that page
links, as well as the page itself.

In my opinion, the preferred place to point people looking for install
information should be
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation