[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Newbie questions

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Sat Jul 10 17:26:31 EDT 2010

Mysql isn't going to be applicable here.  Evergreen relies on many
postgres-specific mechanisms.

Install documentation is here:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=generic_installation_information

I have no idea how a hiring service would make use of a library automation
system, so it sounds like your application might be somewhat novel.

I would not be worried about moving from one EG server to another yet.
 Certainly it can be done, but I think unless you can get the first one
installed and configured there isn't much point in worrying about the
second.  You should evaluate whether or not your host can satisfy the
prerequisite part of the installation: there are a lot of pieces.

--joe