[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Claims not checked out

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Jul 12 13:22:00 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Deanna  Frazee
<dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us> wrote:
> Evergreen does not handle “claims returned” as a status, so I “claims not
> checkout out” may not work as a status either.  How are other libraries
> handling it?  Any suggestions?

I know trunk (what will be 2.0) is getting explicit support for a
Claims Never Checked Out, though I'm not sure how exactly how it will
work.  I see a library setting where upon checkin, a
claimed-never-checked-out item can be marked as missing.  This sort of
thing can be done manually (just check the item in, perhaps with a
backdated checkin to avoid fines--trunk has an amnesty mode for
checkin--then mark it missing, and maybe annotate it with an alert
message explaining the situation).

Claims returned is also getting a similar org unit setting, as well as
org unit setting where you can dictate the copy status (may be a
custom status) for the item to go into.

--
Jason Etheridge