[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Re: Debian partition configuration question

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue Jul 13 17:41:14 EDT 2010

Ben,

Thanks for your suggestions. The system that I was testing with Debian
is a Dell M600 blade and a M100e chassis combo. I believe the Dell
hardware RAID is discribed as a "SAS 6/ir (H/W based) with RAID 0/1
support." As far as I can tell, this Dell particular hardware set up
does not support Debian. The 64 bit Debian installer did not run at
all, and the 32 bit Debian seemed to install but had issues booting up
and recognizing the RAID drives.

Could someone share with me a sampling of the server models for the
systems they are running on Debian or other OSes?

Potentially, I might have to wait to install Evergreen on the Dell
hardware I have with RedHat once Evergreen 2.0 is released. In the
meantime, I will keep running and testing Evergreen 1.6.0 on an old PC.

Finally, any other suggestions or comments on using logical volume
management (LVM) or separate partitions for "/home" , "/usr" , "/
var" , "/tmp"?

Thanks in advance,
Yamil

On Jul 12, 2010, at 1:22 PM, open-ils-general-request at list.georgialibraries.org