[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: FW: Checkout Problem

Joel Harbottle joel.harbottle at hotmail.com.au
Mon Jul 19 11:19:10 EDT 2010

Hi Jason,
We have been running Evergreen since May 2008 when we went live on 1.2.1.4, and have upgraded Evergreen upon each new version release. Though lately we haven't had the staff time to be able to upgrade our system further, so we have been running on 1.4 since its release. At the end of next month we are hoping to upgrade to the current release of 1.6.
In regards to growth, our library hasn't had any, unless you count a mad cataloguing frenzy! Our system usage is normal, therefore no need to 'beef up' our server.
We have one server running the actual Evergreen system, then for our OPAC we have a separate server, because we use VuFind as our OPAC, which doesn't cause any problems.
The error which we receive at the Checkout screen and when retrieving patron details is below. (I have even tried this at home on both my PC and Mac and receive the same error!). Take note, that if you click the 'Ignore Errors' button it will ignore the error and take you to the Checkout screen. Then, when you wand in your item barcode it will display the error again. Click 'Ignore Error' button again, it will close the dialogue box and will check the item out to the user perfectly. This happen for each item barcode entered, and all patrons/items across every library we have on Evergreen. This has never happened before, and just showed up one morning.
Network Failure:Network/server failure. Please check your Internet connection to staff.libraryservicestas.org.au and choose Retry Network. If you need to enter Offline Mode, choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogs. If you believe this error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not network problems, please contact your helpdesk or friendly Evergreen admins, and give them this information:method=open-ils.actor.user.checked_out.count.authoritativeparams=["6e826d7385aa64392feaf87dc3342c06",2] THROWN:{"payload":[],"debug":"osrfMethodException: ***Call to[open-ils.actor.user.checked_out.count.authoritative] failed for session[1279585353.065375.12795853534286], thread trave trace [7]:\n Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/utils/CStoreEditor.pm line 442 .\n\n","status":500} STATUS:

Thank you in anticipation.
Kindest Regards,Joel

Joel Harbottle
Library Technician