[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen on BSD (was: Evergreen Server Question)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Jul 22 02:31:05 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 16:08 +1000, Joel Harbottle wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> By any chance, does anyone know if it is yet possible to run
> Evergreen's server side on FreeBSD 7.2?

As far as I know, not yet. We have committed some patches from Dan
McMahill to OpenSRF improve *BSD compatibility
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/513372), but I believe that we
still have some ways to go before we could claim success there. 'Tis a
consummation devoutly to be wished.

We really need somebody who lives in the *BSD world to run with this,
because I don't think anyone currently on the development team has much
*BSD experience. Dan McMahill, are you still out there? I can assure
anyone wanting to contribute BSD-compatibility patches / install
documentation / prerequisite-installing Makefiles / virtual images that
we'll be happy to work with them.