[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cataloging templates

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jul 30 22:18:39 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 17:38 -0500, Anoop Atre wrote:
> Deanna
> This involves creating the templates and adding them in the
> configuration file.
>
> You can find templates that Dan Scott/Laurentian have generously
> contributed/shared. They are specific to their institution and will need
> to be tweaked to your requirements.
> >
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/conifer/branches/rel_1_6_0/templates/marc
>
> Once you have the templates saved on your server, you need to list these
> files in the configuration file.
>
> For an example on entering the templates look for "k_book.xml" in the
> opensrf.xml file.
>
> In the example file it's on line 452
> >
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/tags/rel_1_6_0_6/Open-ILS/examples/opensrf.xml.example
>
> Cheers

In case it's useful to others, I've placed the <marctemplates> section
of our opensrf.xml file in the ILS-Contrib repository as well at:

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/conifer/branches/rel_1_6_0/conf/marctemplates.xml

If other sites like these templates and think that they should be part
of the Evergreen out-of-the-box experience, at least until somebody
creates a more dynamic template system, we would be happy to have them
added to core Evergreen. (We could modify them to be a bit more generic,
of course, as I'm sure not every site wants to catalogue OWA and OSUL
records!)

Dan