[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Cataloging templates

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Sat Jul 31 08:05:27 EDT 2010

Deanna,

Since PINES does original cataloging in OCLC, then imports each record from there, that is why Evergreen was not originally designed with more than the K-level cataloging templates. I can see the need for more options for cataloging templates for other workflows, but I thought it might help to know the reason things were designed that way originally. If you are able to create MARC records in an external program (PINES generally uses OCLC Connexion client), then import then via Z39.50, that will make things easier for you until more templates are developed/available.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150