[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Costs

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 09:23:48 EDT 2010

Hi Georgette - Like Deanna said, cost is different for everyone.  We spent @
$7500CAD on our server, 2 full-time people worked on getting things up and
going for the better part of a year - that allowed us to keep up other parts
of our jobs.  We went live well before our support contract with our former
ILS vendor expired - that allowed us to do a very soft launch and do lots of
troubleshooting/tweaking and some more staff training.  We did contract with
Equinox for some programming (booking module @ $8000USD) but did not spend
any money on training or migration. The EG community has been a big help, I
can't really say that we did it on our own.  I've attached a list that I've
shared with some other folks that gives some details of our process, please
use it/share it as needed.
Cheers, Cynthia
Mohawk College,
Hamilton, ON

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Georgette Rogers <GRogers at libertylakewa.gov

--
“Many a man stumbles across the truth, then picks himself up and hurries on
as though nothing had happened.” Winston Churchill