[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** ***SPAM*** Re: generic training server with predictable data

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Tue Jun 22 09:03:32 EDT 2010

I think that's a great idea and also like Dan's suggestion of including
the sample data in the source so we can populate our own test system.
I'm not sure we would use the sample data for end-user training, but see
a huge benefit for consortia staff in learning Evergreen.  One of the
big hurdles we are trying to overcome is the learning curve in setting
up Evergreen.  A test system with some real looking libraries,
circulation rules, shelving locations, bib records, statistical codes,
patrons, etc. may not look anything like what our final goal is, but
certainly gives us something to begin using, react to, test with etc.

The other benefit of the sample data is the exercise of loading the data
into the database.  We know how to get our data out of our current
system, and having templates to create our own load scripts would be great.

--
Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager