[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** RE: generic training server with predictable data

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Jun 22 15:07:37 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Georgette Rogers
<GRogers at libertylakewa.gov> wrote:
> I like this idea.  We are still doing research, so if there was a demo we
> coudl practice on that would be greatly helpful in convincing the staff and
> the city this is the way to go.  We would also be prepared for installation
> and for training.

Well, there are demo servers you could practice on, with randomized
names, addresses, etc., but there is no standardized set of test data
to deploy on all of them.  I'd love to see such a thing, for the same
reasons that Dan gave.

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=community_servers#community_demo_servers

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team and learn more about
Evergreen, Koha, and open source options
ALA Annual meeting in Washington, DC
June 24-28, 2010
booth # 1303