[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Innovative Systems Reading History

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Mar 3 15:20:42 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 15:16 -0500, Tim Spindler wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone who has migrated from an innovative system
> to evergreen has tried to move reading history?   I know evergreen
> does not currently have this feature but even if it were dumped in
> some customized field to preserve it might be helpful.  We have been
> told by many of our libraries that patrons would really miss this
> feature but would really want it to carry their list over from the old
> system.  Also, given Innovative's design, we are not sure we could get
> it out of the system but any suggestions would be appreciated.

A quick thought, if you can get your hands on the data from Innovative,
then you could create one bookbag per patron called "Reading History"
that would list all of the items they've ever read.

>From there, they would be on their own & have to maintain it themselves
(unless you customized things to make each circulation automatically
append the corresponding record to their reading history bookbag) but it
would be one possible way of doing things.