[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bill collection/reconciliation reports

Lemmer, Catherine clemmer at library.IN.gov
Thu Mar 11 14:52:20 EST 2010

Indiana Evergreen is interested in knowing if any consortium is using a
bill collection/reconcillation report process. We currently have 58
libraries live on Evergreen and patrons that have incurred fines/fees at
multiple libraries as they use multiple libraries in person. The
circulating library is owed the 25 cent per day overdue fine; and bills
for lost and damage are owed to the owning library. The interface
requires that the bill with respect to each item be inspected to
determine which library the debt is owed.

Provided some legislative changes occur, we would like a library to be
able to collect any money owed on a patron account--whether online via a
credit card module or by cash/check payment at the library.  Then run
some type of reconcillation report; have the libraries pay into a common
fund and then distribute out the amount owed to the library.

Is anyone doing this kind of action?

Catherine A. Lemmer
Evergreen Indiana Project Coordinator
Phone: 317.234.6536