[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] installation question

Jesse Ephraim jephraim at roanoketexas.com
Wed Mar 31 22:20:12 EDT 2010

I reinstalled Debian Lenny with no problems.

I am partway through installing OpenSRF, to the point where I need to set up the Jabber users.  After making the appropriate changes to ejabberd.cfg, I restarted ejabberd, as per the instructions.

When I issued this command

roanoke:/etc/ejabberd# ejabberdctl register router private.localhost unique

I got:

RPC failed on the node ejabberd at roanoke: {'EXIT',
                                          {badarg,
                                           [{erlang,port_control,
                                             [stringprep_port,1,
                                              "private.localhost"]},
                                            {stringprep,control,2},
                                            {jlib,nameprep,1},
                                            {ejabberd_auth,auth_modules,1},
                                            {ejabberd_auth,is_user_exists,2},
                                            {ejabberd_auth,try_register,3},
                                            {ejabberd_ctl,process,1},
                                            {rpc,'-handle_call/3-fun-0-',5}]}}

I triple-checked ejabber.cfg to make sure I covered all the steps in changing it, and it looks fine.

Oddly enough, I didn't have any problems installing OpenSRF and testing it the first time I tried it.

Also, at this point in the installation JSON.pm is still not in /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Utils/JSON.pm.
Does that get installed later?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jesse