[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] ***SPAM*** Serial Module - Development Direction

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Sat May 8 14:11:36 EDT 2010

Hello all,

As anyone who follows the IRC channel knows, there has been some healthy discussion about what exactly we are trying to model with our serials module. Opinion is starting to solidify around a certain direction, but I wanted to invite others to please weigh in.

There are at least two distinct ways to approach the problem of serials. I will label them as 'conservative' and 'progressive', and will attempt to briefly characterize each approach and also list some corresponding positives and negatives.

Conservative: