[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Copy marc record

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Nov 4 13:32:27 EDT 2010

Good question -- I don't think so in 1.6 series but one quick way to accomplish the same is to do a Z39.50 search against your own local catalog, use the editor to make the sufficient changes, then import the record. Not as quick as a "duplicate this record" functionality, but with a few extra steps you can accomplish the same thing pretty quickly...

George
George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

________________________________

From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of James Wagner
Sent: November 4, 2010 13:27
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Copy marc record

In Evergreen, is it possible to take an existing marc record, copy it, and modify it, to become a new marc record for a slightly different item? I have a feeling that this is not possible, because I don't see any reference to it in any of the documentation I've read.

James Wagner
Technical Services Co-ordinator
Lincoln Public Library
Vineland ON