[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation and cataloguing questions

Smelts, Dorryce (CHT) Dorryce.Smelts at gov.mb.ca
Thu Nov 4 17:19:36 EDT 2010

Hello all,

We're new to Evergreen 1.6 and I wondered if there is a way to easily view holds in (ie, items in the catalogue that patrons have placed requests for ) for which items are not yet checked in, ie, unfulfilled holds. I understand the hold is triggered when the requested item is checked back in, and naturally we can print out a pull list for the items requested that are on the shelf, but it's the unfulfilled holds that have us stumped. One of the purposes we use this for is to purchase additional copies if the item is in high demand. (typically we only purchase 1 copy and wait and see)

The other question relates to editing a batch of records in Cataloguing. I find that I have to re-execute a search after completing edits on a record and saving. Normally, I would expect after saving a record, I would be returned to the original results list. Am I missing something in the navigation?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Dorryce Smelts

Dorryce Smelts
Head, Government Publications and Library Systems
Manitoba Legislative Library
Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Tourism
Room 100 - 200 Vaughan Street
Winnipeg, MB  R3C 1T5