[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials in alpha4

Joke Zwaan jzw at iisg.nl
Wed Nov 17 11:23:37 EST 2010

Dear Kathy,

As Repke already mentioned in his mail of Nov 5th 2010, here at the IISH  we also have been busy with the serials in 2.0Alpha4.
With the little 'walk through' from Lebbeous, using the Alternate Serials Control, we made a start with the patterns and issuances, but when we try 'generate predictions' we get an error message. We will keep on testing of course, but we also hope that you, or somebody else from the community, can help us.
Here are a few examples of the things we don't know how to deal with :
1.	In  the popup screen New Subscription is a field Expected date offset : what date is required here (interval, start subscription ?)
2.	Popup screen Issuance, New Issuance, the 'label' field: is that a call number ; and the 'date published' field: what kind of date does the system wants (date start subscription, date published number??)
3. The pattern you make gets a number. Is it possible to use that pattern (through the number) for another periodical, and if so where can we find the patterns  we already made in the system?

Maybe we can figure out a way of how to help each other. We do have a wiki here in which we describe our test results but that is all in the Dutch language of course.

Thank you all in advance for your appreciated reactions.

Joke Zwaan
Assistent Librarian
International Institute of Social History (IISH)
http://www.iisg.nl
Cruquiusweg 31, 1019 AT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
jzw at iisg.nl