[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Serials in alpha4

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Nov 17 12:59:50 EST 2010

Hi Joke,

I had many of the same questions you raised in this e-mail, and I was glad
to see Lebbeous' answers.

You mentioned receiving an error when you tried to generate predictions,
which reminded me of a question I had when trying the alternate serials
view. I don't know if it was the same error, but when I first started
looking at the alternate serials view and tried to generate a prediction, I
received an error message that said "Invalid parameters were encountered in
a method. There are no streams to direct items. Can't predict." I then went
to my distributions tab and noticed that I had 0 streams for the
distribution. Once I created a stream, I was able to generate predictions.

However, I'm not quite sure what a stream is. Is a stream just used for
routing serials or is there another purpose? If a stream is primarily used
for routing, is it a requirement that you set up routing for a serial before
you can generate predictions? We have libraries that do not need to route
serials.

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy Lussier