[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Acquisitions in beta 2

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Wed Nov 17 13:20:34 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm currently exploring the functions in Acquistions, and I'm a
little at sea about POs and how to add titles to them.

How can a library use existing bib records from the catalog to add
lines to an established PO? The only button I see is for creating a
Brief Record. In our consortium, we often have bib titles in the
catalog for Library A, and Library B should use that bib for their
Acq ordering so we don't duplicate and so that all libraries' items
exist on the same bib. We don't want Library B creating a brief bib
record for their order in that case.

If I search for a bib in the catalog, I can choose the action
View/Place Orders. The choices then available are "Add to Selection
List" and "Create Purchase Order." I can't find a way to send it to
an already-established PO.

Do you have to create a Selection List, then put those items into a new PO?

What if you move some items from a Selection list to a PO, then want
to add more items to the same PO later?

I'm probably missing something very obvious, but I'm stuck.

Thanks!

Mary

Mary Llewellyn

Mary Llewellyn