[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Digital Bookplates, URLs in item records

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:47:25 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Elizabeth Thomsen <et at noblenet.org> wrote:
> Is anyone doing any sort of digital bookplates to honor donors, highlight
> memorial gifts, etc.?  We're interested in doing something similar to what
> Brown University is doing in this example:
> http://josiah.brown.edu/record=b4348979~S7
> (Their documentation is here:
> http://dl.lib.brown.edu/its/software/bookplates/ )
>
> This is written for III, but is there any reason this kind of thing couldn't
> be adapted for Evergreen?  Is it currently possible to add links (URLs) to
> an item record?  Or is anyone doing something like this using a different
> approach.

Public Copy Notes can serve this purpose.

It's not a bookplate, per se, but
http://catalog.kcls.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=808991&l=1521
(under Copy Details -> more info) shows how public copy notes show for
next to specific copies in the default skin.  Skin customization could
surface this information more directly.

--
Mike Rylander