[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] help with error msg

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Thu Nov 18 15:24:36 EST 2010

Hi there,

I have been having some problems with a receipt printer and am in the process of trying out a suggestion from the list...and now another problem has cropped up for me. I deleted the [randomstring].default profile in the open_ils_staff_client\profiles folder in the hopes of resolving a problem with a receipt printer. However, now when we try to open Evergreen, we get the following:

open_ils_staff_client is already running but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing open_ils_staff_client process or restart.

Well, it's not running and we've restarted...removed the program altogether and reinstalled. And it still gives the error. I've done a search but I can't seem to find an answer to this one.

Any ideas/help/suggestions are very greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Niagara College Libraries