[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Catalogingenhancements for Evergreen

Peter Plett (Project Sitka) pplett at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Thu Nov 25 21:18:19 EST 2010

Hi Kathy,

Yes, you are certainly correct - it looks like I jumped the gun. The
batch import duplicate barcode checking work is indeed separate from
the barcode check in the Volume/Copy Editor that Sitka is working on.
Sorry about that!

Ben Hyman recently sent the list our rationale and means for handling
Sitka's feature needs and requests internally. I agree (and why I
included that link, thankfully for me heh) that it's also a great tool
for allowing the community as a whole to see where our own
internally-requested development tasks reside, with an eye toward
building a rapport and hopefully avoiding overlap with the needs and
direction of the greater (and great!) community on the whole. That
said/long sentences aside, I am admittedly not as present as I ought
to be, but aiming to be much more so!

Thanks Kathy, and nice to (virtually) meet you!
Peter.

Peter Michael Plett
Sitka Implementation Team - Development/Data Migration