[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Draft rules of governance for Evergreen Software Foundation - for discussion

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu Oct 7 14:18:34 EDT 2010

 Thanks Dan and Galen for the lively answers to my question!

Hmm, based on the clarifications, I'm reading that it is possible for
someone to hold their own individual membership, but also be the
representative of their library institution's membership at the same
time.  Is that correct?

As for Lori's suggestion, I'm not sure if we need to include a
non-voting membership group (others feel free to step in here).  It
seems to me that we would want active members in the Evergreen community
to contribute as much as possible, including voting on things.  For
those who wish to be "included in the community" but not going so far as
being an applied member in the Foundation, perhaps we just make sure
it's easy to become part of an interest group e-mail list or revive the
wayward Evergreen newsletter to provide people with information on the
going-ons in the community.  We might not need to define this explicitly
in the governance documents, right?

-- Ben