[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Details of fiscal sponsorship agreement for Evergreen & Conservancy

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Thu Oct 21 17:33:59 EDT 2010

> There has been some recent discussion about those rules of
> governance on the Evergreen-Governance mailing list; I'm hoping that
> that discussion will be brought back over to the Evergreen-General
> mailing list soon, as both of these matters are of great significance
> to the future of the Evergreen community.

I have set the archives of the Evergreen-Governance-L mailing list to be publicly accessible here:

http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/evergreen-governance-l/

To be clear, (and I'm saying this to the community as a whole, not necessarily to you, Dan) the goal has never been to be a "closed" or "exclusive" group, but to keep communication at a manageable level.  I realize that the effect has been that it seems opaque - just know that our goals have been around fair representation of all stakeholders while keeping the group at a manageable size.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150