[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Details of fiscal sponsorship agreement for Evergreen & Conservancy

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Oct 22 13:30:29 EDT 2010

On 21 October 2010 17:33, Sharp, Chris <csharp at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
>> There has been some recent discussion about those rules of
>> governance on the Evergreen-Governance mailing list; I'm hoping that
>> that discussion will be brought back over to the Evergreen-General
>> mailing list soon, as both of these matters are of great significance
>> to the future of the Evergreen community.
>
> I have set the archives of the Evergreen-Governance-L mailing list to be publicly accessible here:
>
> http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/evergreen-governance-l/

Awesome! Thanks Chris! I've updated
http://evergreen-ils.org/listserv.php to point to the archives of this
mailing list.

> To be clear, (and I'm saying this to the community as a whole, not necessarily to you, Dan) the goal has never been to be a "closed" or "exclusive" group, but to keep communication at a manageable level.  I realize that the effect has been that it seems opaque - just know that our goals have been around fair representation of all stakeholders while keeping the group at a manageable size.

Right, I think that the "manageable size" problem gets introduced when
we use conference calls to communicate rather than mailing lists.
Conference calls don't scale! And we didn't exactly get a deluge of
we'll be able to migrate the bulk of the discussion over here.

Thanks again,
Dan