[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Unexpected results changing Organisational Units through Staff Client in EG 2.0 alpha4

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 22 10:52:54 EDT 2010

Your help appreciated: setting up our library structure by changing
Organisational Unit Types and Organisational Units through "Server
Administration" in the Staff Client, gives unexpected and incomplete
results.

We are talking the EG 2.0 alpha4 Virtual Image and we are prototyping
the organisational structure in anticipation of 2.0 beta and going
live later this year.

After some changes to text labels in Organisational Unit Types,  we
made changes to the hierarchy of Organisational Units + the Units
themselves.
Here is a screenshot where for example you see the out-of-the-box BR1
changed: http://screencast.com/t/fWRTdaCnxy

First of all: actually *deleting* anything not needed proved
impossible: sometimes the Org Units admin interface turns red and
nothing happens; sometimes deleting did seem to happen only to have
the out-of-the-box structure return later; this is irrespective of
having any holdings or users or workstations attached to, say: a branch.

And testing the consequences of such changes :
- all the OPAC and staff client screens persistently keep the *old*
text labels like for example "Example Branch 1" - also after stopping
and restarting Evegreen + Apache; and of-course we started new staff
client sessions;  here is a screenshot:  http://screencast.com/t/
NR9Od8oMh96
- Holding Maintenance screens show a mixed result:  changes to Unit
Types come through, changes to the Units themselves don't come
through:   http://screencast.com/t/XqdW9S9jr
- Exporting records picks up the new Organisation Unit Policy Code
"IISG"  (instead of "BR1") and uses it on the 852
- Importing records does *not* recognise this new code "IISG" in 852 $b
- the new MARC 001/035 + TCN =  MARC 001 feature (see Server Admin -
 >Global Flags) however *does* pick up the new Policy Code defined in
the Consortium Org Unit and uses it for "issuing authority"
- there seems to be a time delay ?  After a few days now for example
the Holding Maintenance screen + pick lists *do* seem to have picked
up more of the changes: is that in any way likely?

What are we missing ? Which other steps than Server Admin in the
Staff Client are necessary to have changes in the Organisation Units
fully take effect?

Thanks, Repke de Vries, IISH