[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] We have a problem "Profile group"

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 08:34:38 EDT 2010

I don't think it was a bad idea to try to anticipate some basic needs for
permissions for out of the box EG, we found it useful to have something
there when we were starting out.  As the documentation develops and
improves, the enhancement of the out-of the box settings will be easier for
newbies.
Having said that though, I love the idea of developing library personas,
this is a very interesting idea Dan.   I wonder if this is something that
could be attempted at Hackfest at EG 2011?   A few years ago, we did some
work on student personas for customer service development at Mohawk so I
have a tad of experience ....wonder if others in the EG community have
more?
Oh & I do think the idea of a pop-up dialogue to say "you don't have
permission..." would be helpful .. I remember some early trouble shooting
where I spent of a bit of time narrowing down troubles folks were having
that ended up being about permissions.
Cynthia

--
* Doug’s Law “You can have information or
you can have a life, but you can’t have both.”