[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] We have a problem "Profile group"

Elizabeth Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Mon Oct 25 08:41:09 EDT 2010

On 10/24/2010 8:34 AM, Cynthia Williamson wrote:
> I don't think it was a bad idea to try to anticipate some basic needs
> for permissions for out of the box EG, we found it useful to have
> something there when we were starting out.  As the documentation
> develops and improves, the enhancement of the out-of the box settings
> will be easier for newbies.

Documentation would certainly help, but how about a wizard or form that
asks a few key questions like, "Allowed to enter staff records? yes/no;
Allowed to enter patron records? yes/no; etc."  Ideally, this would set
up the permissions group, but even producing a list of specific settings
to change would be helpful.

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
E-mail: et at noblenet.org