[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bib records not indexed - Evergreen 1.6.0.3

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Sep 10 22:23:24 EDT 2010

On 10 September 2010 02:42, Linda Jansova <skolkova at chello.cz> wrote:
>  Dan, thanks for the explanation and also for the positive news that
> Evergreen 2.0 should be able to handle these characters without problems
> :-)!
>
> Deanna, I believe that USMARC or SUTRS syntax should not be the problem as
> other bib records in USMARC format have been processed correctly.
>
> BTW, we encountered problems with these characters also in the older
> versions of Evergreen we experimented with earlier - an example (which is
> still "valid")  would be a record from the Library of Congress (TCN 3760924
> - or it can be found using Author Čapek, Karel and Title RUR :-). Maybe this
> could also be an example worth trying in Evergreen 2.0...

Hi Linda:

I had a few minutes this evening and tried the NKC examples and the
Library of Congress example that you gave (thanks for such a clear
description of the problem and such great sample data!); all of the
examples imported perfectly and get indexed properly; keyword searches
and title searches retrieve the records. So, good news on that front!

If you're wondering about the timing of Evergreen 2.0, we'll be
putting out a second alpha release of Evergreen 2.0 soon, with a beta
release expected in October, and then more betas until we stamp out
all of the bugs our determined testers find, hopefully resulting in a
final release in December or January. It would be great if you could
help us with some early testing of 2.0!

Dan