[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] RDA + Evergreen ILS

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Sep 21 15:38:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Sep 21, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Duimovich, George wrote:
> Personally, I still see a bit of gridlock in the general library community on RDA so we'll see how things progress with those directly involved in testing & evaluation. But from my surface reading of RDA, I'm feeling pretty good that any necessary changes for RDA can be made pretty responsively by the EG community when / if adoption takes hold.

Or conversely, the open source communities could help drive experimentation that makes the most of RDA, going beyond treating it as just another tag table update.  Speaking of tag tables, however, an updated version of the tag and subfield tooltips for the Evergreen MARC editor can be downloaded from:

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/export/17878/trunk/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/server/locale/en-US/marcedit-tooltips.xml

This includes the Library of Congress's MARC2 Update 11, which in turn includes the RDA tags.

Although I updated this for Evergreen 2.0, the file should work with any version of Evergreen, and can be installed (for 1.4 or later) in the following directory:

/openils/var/web/xul/staff_client/VERSION/locale/en-US/marcedit-tooltips.xml

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton